This was, by far, my most unproductive weekend ever. The whole weekend was filled with me sleeping, attending wedding invitation (very reluctant to go, so lazy), and more sleeping. I mean, I don't know. I feel like I've become a lazy bum nowadays when it comes to week end. If Izma and I don't have any plan, then there I'll be. On my bed till 12pm (or until my mom nags me to shower, whichever comes first) then only come down for breakfast.
And this weekend Izma was not around. She needed to attend some team-building course at Genting. Whole family was not around too, they went to Nilai 3 to buy my wedding stuffs (which I, as the groom, didn't want to go LOL). How a big mistake it was to left me alone in the house. Locked the door, put down the curtain and here comes dreamland. I remembered before I was not this sleep-addict. Previously I would only sleep when I was very tired, but nowadays I can fall asleep at any time if there's nothing for me to do.
Well I guess my body needs its rest. Izma and I have been working our asses hard during the weekdays, so I think we deserve our escapade. Usually after work we'll head to our gym and have an hour of either cardio, work-out or a few laps of swim. It sure does feel good after all the sweats come out of your body. I used to think, "don't people feel very tired to go to the gym and do their work-out after a full day of work in the office". But as my experience, our body actually feels a lot refresh. Well maybe the hot shower does give some effect, but with all the toxins flow out of your body it does improve your health (and I feel my fitness level improved a bit, LOL).
This weekend I had a re-run of Puteri Gunung Ledang. Those who knows me surely know how I despise Malay movies (except Mamat Khalid's and a few more others). It is very rare to see me not cursing after watching any Malay movies. I'm sick of all those "I love you, you love me, my parents not rich so your parents don't like it, your parents involved in an accident and need blood transfusion, my blood is suitable, I donate blood to them, they apologize and we are married happily ever after" plot. Sure I am very picky when watching Malay movie. But when it comes to the level I watched a re-run of a movie, you can be sure that I think the movie is damn good. I can't help to notice how beautiful it was the language and culture of ancient Malay history. Every action and words uttered contains a hidden meaning, spoken so softly as not to hurt the other's feeling. But at the same time, the true meaning of the words lies deep and can only be understood by few who listens carefully. Go watch the movie and see how the Bendahara, albeit having a moronic King, manages to obey the King's order while at the same time protects the interests and feelings of other people.
I find that this is a rare trait to be found in a person, and this is what I intend to learn. I mean, how could you not awed at how skillful the Bendahara was in arranging this so that all pieces fell down nicely and in place. This skill, when fully mastered, will give you a significant boost in your career as well as your life. Which is why in this movie I don't really like Tuah, because to me he was just a chess piece. The King is king, Tun Mamat is rook, Tuah is knight, but Bendahara is the true chess player. What good is a king when no one moves the pieces, right? This is what I always stress within myself, always think at least 5 steps ahead of someone before taking any action. It is not unusual to find me silently thinking all of a sudden when some action needs to be taken and I'm sure Izma has become accustomed to this.
Well I'm not a natural-born writer. I don't write good thing, even if you see in this post the points are all jumbled up. I'm not that gifted to arrange words to be a pleasant read, but I do hope whoever reading this gets what I'm trying to say. If it's too hard for you, just ponder on some quotes I took from the movie as to summarize this whole post. Overall, I would say Datuk Rahim Razali did a very good job delivering his act as Bendahara in this movie. I can really feel the wisdom within his character. And I do think Sabri Yunus' joke is kinda lame. Later.
"Kalau nak menurut, biar berakal. Kalau mengikut, biar pintar." - Hang Tuah
"Titah dijunjung, daulat disemat utuh." - Hang Tuah
"Jangan berangan meniti laut, takut airnya menjadi api." - Nenek Kebayan (Gusti Puteri Retno Dumilah)
"Apa dengan tongkat rajawali ke mari?" - Gusti Puteri Retno Dumilah
"Apakah nilainya seorang Tengku Mahkota kita berbanding dengan nyawa ribuan rakyat Jawa. Akan tetapi apakah nilainya ribuan rakyat Jawa yang bukan jajahan Melaka?" - Bendahara
p/s: I watched from an original CDs okay :D
2 comments:
pgl.
immediate reaction aku lepas keluar dari cinema dulu: the most interesting boring malay film i ever watched.
cinematography memang world class. acting mantap. skrip mendalam.
cuma lawak je tak jadi. and fighting scene tu...
lagi teruk dari yoga tu...
mmg ye pun. tah ape2 penampar rawa la penampar jawa la. it worked the first 2 times, but the third time it became stale. fighting scene tuah & gusti adipati tu pun tah ape2 jgk. more towards kungfu drpd silat. tak dinafikan la mmg silat dulu2 (skang pun, tp kena ckp senyap2. nnt jadi yoga haha) mmg ada pakai ilmu2 pun, tp takde la sampai tahap magis camtu aku rasa.
the only fighting scene aku suka bila tuah lawan ngan lanun masa mula2 tu, sbb yg ni je nampak persilatan dia.
Post a Comment